You don't have permission to access /pictures/searchnew.php on this server. You don't have permission to access /pictures/searchnew.php on this server.

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

You don't have permission to access /pictures/searchnew.php on this server.

Started by kevertje, January 06, 2007, 11:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevertje

Situation:

Client on a shared-server of a hosting-company.

http://www.kevertje.net/pictures/index.php

Running 1.4.2 but I was able to press a button in their fantastico software to upgrade to 1.4.10 which didn't react :(
I checked all rights and they are 777 for the albums.

My problem is that I was able to upload everything till now. I uploaded the Dubai album and now want to upload usa album.
After 8 files it stops.
What I do:
1) Login as admin
2) Click on add files
3) Choose the directory on the server with the files
4) I get the list with files + little thumbnails
5) I click on the right album and press submit
6) I get the following message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /pictures/searchnew.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.36 Server at www.kevertje.net Port 80

7) When adding only the first few files it will work but adding more will give the same message.

I checked the discspace and even deleted 40mb of pictures to prevent disc-space problems but that doesn't seem to be problem.
The ISP couldn't find a problem. They only told me to use 644 but on the FAQ I found 777 is better which I of course tried.

Any idea ?
(if I need to create account please tell me how to add a album to it so I don't give full access)

Joachim Müller

Quote from: kevertje on January 06, 2007, 11:04:41 PM
Running 1.4.2 but I was able to press a button in their fantastico software to upgrade to 1.4.10 which didn't react :(
Don't use auto-installers like Fantastico - they have known issues. Only installing/upgrading as suggested in the documentation we provide is supported/recommended.

Quote from: kevertje on January 06, 2007, 11:04:41 PM
I checked all rights and they are 777 for the albums.
Do not check permissions, but apply them.

Quote from: kevertje on January 06, 2007, 11:04:41 PMMy problem is that I was able to upload everything till now.
[...]
Any idea ?
(if I need to create account please tell me how to add a album to it so I don't give full access)
If you have issues with uploading and want support, it's mandatory that you do exactly as suggested in the upload troubleshooting section of the docs.