cannot set album thumbnail (lastalb) when batch uploading cannot set album thumbnail (lastalb) when batch uploading

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

cannot set album thumbnail (lastalb) when batch uploading

Started by jerx, April 01, 2007, 04:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerx

I use the batch upload feature. It is really great, but there is a slight problem. You cannot set the album thumbnail for the last updated albums (lastalb) section. Usually it shows the first picture added to that album as album thumbnail. Therefore I always put the picture I want to set as album thumbnail to the beginning of that album.

Unfortunately this doesn' t always work. It often sets the second or third picture as album thumbnail, sometimes even the 7th or higher picture. When this happens, you can see it in the database. Then not the picture number 1 is added first to the gallery, but the other one.

I don' t know why this happens. My files are named in alphabetical order and they are also uploaded in this order.

Does anybody know how I can force coppermine to stick to that order? It already displays the pictures in alphabetical order on upload/batch add screen, but somehow the first picture is skipped or takes too long, so that other pictures are added first.

I tried to fix it manually in the database by giving the picture I want a lower creation date, but the album thumb stays the same.

Aditya Mooley

I guess, you already have the answer to your problem.

But you don't need to go to database to fix this. Just go to "Album Properties" for that particular album and set the album thumbnail there.
--- "Its Nice 2 BE Important but its more Important 2 Be NICE" ---
Follow Coppermine on Twitter

jerx

Unfortunately this is not the solution for the problem. This only sets the album thumbnail for the album listing in the particular category.

I have a section on my main gallery page which displays the recent updated (created) albums. I have put "lastalb" into my breadcrump. The album thumbnail in that section is not the picture I have set the album thumnail to. It displays the first picture added to the database for that album.

If it is not possible to fix it, I could also live with a workaround like editing the database directly or forcing coppermine to add one picture after the other (even though it would take more time).

Joachim Müller

the lastalb meta album doesn't take this into account anyway.