Duplicate Files Duplicate Files

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Duplicate Files

Started by Larry Reese, October 26, 2011, 08:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Reese

Hello all,

Is there a quick and easy way to search and remove duplicate files?  I have 17000 images or thereabouts and a significant number of duplicates have crept in.  I know dupes need to be removed through coppermine to keep the database accurate (and not through FTP) but doing this manually is a huge hassle.  Is there a simpler way?  I searched the forums and only found scripts aimed at previous releases.

Thanks for any help,

Larry Reese

ΑndrĂ©

Quote from: Larry Reese on October 26, 2011, 08:59:38 PM
I searched the forums and only found scripts aimed at previous releases.

Please post the links to that threads, so we can adjust that scripts (if needed at all).

Larry Reese

Well, I appreciate your willingness to help Andre, but I can no longer find the threads I was referring to.  I searched the forums repeatedly and just could not find it.  It's clear in my memory though that someone had posted a script that would supposedly search the images and delete duplicates.  He mentioned he thought the upper limit in number of images was 25000 or 75000 images or something.  Anyway, many others had posted replies that, not being a coding guru, I could follow only in the basics. 

I don't understand why search didn't find it.  Anyway, I did it by hand, so I guess it's a non-issue right now.

Larry