How do I stop the popup windows? How do I stop the popup windows?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

How do I stop the popup windows?

Started by Maxgallery, January 17, 2012, 05:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxgallery

I installed the latest version of CPG (thanks for that) populated it with some pictures then gave the link to the members of my community now I am getting all kinds of complaints about the pop up window for pictures, so far 100% of the users says it has to go seems nobody likes pop up windows and its bringing back bad memories from the forced spam days.

What can be done to make this stop?

Answering 5 questions is the only way this board can stop spam time to convert this site to PHPBB, 2 years 0 spam, 0 spammers has signed up 0 bots.

phill104

If you are on about the full size image popups simple install this plugin - http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,65409.0.html

No, we will not convert to phpbb. The spam is a problem becuause of the huge volume of traffic this site has attracted over the years. We are investigating other options than the questions protection but this really is not the place to discuss that. If you have suggestions then please start a separate thread.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Αndré

Please post a link to your gallery and tell us exactly which popups you're talking about.

Quote from: Phill Luckhurst on January 17, 2012, 08:31:32 PM
If you have suggestions then please start a separate thread.
As I already told you:
Quote from: Αndré on January 17, 2012, 03:06:25 PM
If you want share your knowledge, please start a new thread.
::)