'Order by title' problem 'Order by title' problem

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

'Order by title' problem

Started by burlington, June 21, 2012, 06:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burlington

Running version 1.5x with numerous albums within a small number of categories. I have been asked if the albums can be ordered (sorted) by title (name) within each category. I have followed earlier advice to amend the index.php file to show 'order by title' but to no avail.

Any advice would be welcome please. I thought that there was a function within the admin system to achieve this without file editing but I can't find it.

Thanks

Martin

Αndré

Quote from: burlington on June 21, 2012, 06:12:58 PM
I have followed earlier advice to amend the index.php file to show 'order by title'
Please post a link to that thread.

Αndré

Joachim's instruction works as expected for me. You have to replace
ORDER BY a.pos, a.aid
with
ORDER BY a.title, a.aid
twice, in index.php

burlington

Thank you for your help.

Apologies for the delay in replying but I have been away. Your suggestion works fine and I am grateful.

However, I have now been asked about sorting by title within categories in the album manager file /albmgr.php BUT I can't seem to get it to do what I want it to.

Can you help again please?

Thanks

Martin

Αndré

Quote from: burlington on July 05, 2012, 03:22:10 PM
sorting by title within categories in the album manager file /albmgr.php
Sorry, but I don't understand what you want to do.

burlington

Andre

Thanks

If the Administrator wants to edit an album within Album Manager, ..../gallery/albmgr.php?cat=*, and there are a lot of albums within a Category, the albums are not sorted automatically by title order and so he/she has to read down the list until they find what is wanted.

The list IS now sorted by Title order in the public view of the albums BUT not within Album Manager.

Martin

Αndré

So your current request is to sort also the album manager by title, right?

burlington

Αndré

Open albmgr.php, find
ORDER BY pos ASC
and replace with
ORDER BY title ASC
(twice).

burlington

Works perfectly.

Very many thanks

Martin

Αndré

Please
Quote from: Joachim Müller on September 28, 2008, 12:46:26 PM
tag your answer as "solved" by clicking on the "Topic Solved" button on the bar at the left hand side at the bottom of your thread.