Photos Appearing in Wrong Album Photos Appearing in Wrong Album

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Photos Appearing in Wrong Album

Started by Hirsch, June 10, 2013, 06:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hirsch

Greetings --

I have a set of photos that are showing up in the wrong album. This was pointing out to me by a user who just created the album and uploaded some black and white photos. This album is at:

http://history.westkingdom.org/Coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=62&page=1

The first photos that appear are color and from a completely different event. (This is for a medieval re-creation group, and the albums are usually grouped by events ...)

If you look at the top of the page you will see the correct album title "Vinhold Baronial Championship April 2013", but if you look at the color photos by clicking on them, as the admin, the edit option shows they belong in an album for an event dated in October of 2012.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Thoughts?

Thanks in advance ...

lurkalot

Check the keywords used in in the offending pics. If they are the same keywords set by an album then they will reside in any album using the same keywords.
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.1, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Hirsch

Um, that seems a little odd, that the keywords would do that. I thought these were just used for searching for specific images. Why would the keywords be used to put pics in another album? It really doesn't make sense.

lurkalot

Quote from: Hirsch on June 11, 2013, 12:37:38 AM
Um, that seems a little odd, that the keywords would do that. I thought these were just used for searching for specific images. Why would the keywords be used to put pics in another album? It really doesn't make sense.

Keywords do help with searching etc.  But if you assign album keywords then this can be used to show images in multiple albums. Please read this part of the docs. http://documentation.coppermine-gallery.net/en/keywords.htm#keywords_album
Running SMF 2.1.4  / Tinyportal 3.0.1, bridged with Coppermine 1.6.25, plus cpmfetch 2.0.0

Hirsch

I had people using keywords for individual photos, to identify who was in the photo. I will have to ask them to use the Description only, since the keyword option does odd things to the albums. The purpose of what I'm doing is to show people at a specific event, not to show that same individual at every event they were at ... that would be the point of searching the site, or using the "Who's Who" pages I have generated ...

ΑndrĂ©

Maybe you misunderstood the album keyword feature. If you assing a keyword to an album, all pictures with the same keyword will also be displayed in that album. If you don't want to use that feature, just clear the keywords from the album properties.