upload batch AND by URL AND single image @ the same time? upload batch AND by URL AND single image @ the same time?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

upload batch AND by URL AND single image @ the same time?

Started by genericforumuser, July 13, 2004, 06:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

genericforumuser

Can you have all three upload options enabled to a particular user, if you wanted to? I don't see a way.

Maybe I've overlooked something but it seems a user can't have all the upload options at once? That doesn't seem to make sense because wouldn't you want the upload to be the most flexible possible?

I guess the multiple upload could be a risk since people can upload whatever, but I assume coppermine has some restriction on it, I think in the permissions admin.

Joachim Müller

regular users can't have batch-add, as this would require ftp-write-access to your server. You mustn't grant ftp-access to regular, users, would be a huge security risk (well, a big hole exactly, 10 ft wide).
You could, however, ask your users to use XP_Publisher (if they use Windows XP).

GauGau