[Solved]: Photos disappear when I go to 'edit pic'! [Solved]: Photos disappear when I go to 'edit pic'!

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

[Solved]: Photos disappear when I go to 'edit pic'!

Started by loverboy, August 13, 2004, 02:23:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loverboy

I am running the 1.3.1 version.  I love it.  I recently batch uploaded about 150 pictures from /album/userpics/ to my own private album.

As admin, I should have access to most of the controls.  Anyway I then wanted to add captions and also move pics so I went to 'edit pics', the button next to properties at my album.  I assume this is the only way or maybe there's something in the admin menus that I missed? ???

What's weird, is that some thumbnails load, and others don't.  And the one's that don't, it just looks like there's no picture.  Then when I exit the 'edit pic' and go to the album, it looks like alot of these pictures have disappeared.

What's even stranger is that if I give it about 20-30 minutes and click the gallery again, the pictures reappear!

I've tried searching a fix for this, but to no avail. I hope someone can point me in the right direction to fix this!

btw the gallery is installed at www.scotlandlair.com/gallery/ if that helps...

regards
V

Joachim Müller

Quote from: loverboy on August 13, 2004, 02:23:06 AM
I am running the 1.3.1 version.  I love it.  I recently batch uploaded about 150 pictures from /album/userpics/ to my own private album.
That's impossible. You either use an older version or you didn't upgrade properly. Messing around in the userpics folder might have caused the troubles you're experiencing.

GauGau

loverboy

I have found out what the problem is...  ::)

It seems like it has nothing to do with my install.  That's fine.

The problem was with my browser.

I still don't know what's wrong, but instead of IE 6 I am now using Firefox and it all works.

When I was using IE, and I go to php sites that have javascript implemented, with pop up windows, if I click on them they don't pop up.  And I have to refresh the page and it pops up then.

I am not sure what the problem is still, it stil lremains a mystery to me...

cheers!

Joachim Müller

you probably "caught" a BHO (Browser Helper Object") that works as pop-up blocker - there are some good ones (like the google tool bar) and some "bad" ones, usually from the dialer mafia. Use windowsupdate to get your OS and browser up-to-date, and use a good virus scanner and a spyware/malware removal tool like "ad-aware" of "spybot search&destroy" to clean you system. Just using another browser is not the solution you should go for, as IE is embedded so deeply in your OS that you're supposed to get it back working (however you're encouraged to use mozilla for everyday-surfing).

GauGau

loverboy

Thanks Gau Gau  :D

I love hte program....it rocks.

Anyway I do have both ad aware and spybot running and I have ran them both.  I don't know why it does it with IE and stuff but it IS a pain!!  Someone told em to do something with the cache.   I tried all that stuff and it still didn't do much for it.  What if I reinstall IE or something?

Joachim Müller

you actually can't uninstall IE, as it is a core component of windows (in fact you can, but only with extreme fiddling with in-depth settings of Windoze, which is not recommended), so a fresh install of IE is not possible. Just make sure your IE is up-to-date (use Windowsupdate).

GauGau