Batch Add problems... Batch Add problems...

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch Add problems...

Started by mijohnst, August 31, 2004, 09:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mijohnst

I just upgraded to 1.3.2 after having no problems with 1.1.  I would not have upgraded, but I liked some of the features added in the new version.  Anyhow, when I try to upload batch files under the /albums directory all the pictures in the "List of New Files" come up with a red "X" on the right across from each picture.  When I click on them, the picture comes up just fine, but when I try to add them, none are added.  Could my GD version be too low?  I have the permission for all my directories under album set to 777, so I thought that should work.

If it's the case that my GD version is too low, is it hard to downgrade my version back to what I had before?  Thanks again for your help. :)

Joachim Müller

re downgrading: that's why we recommend backing up your database and your files before upgrading. If you have made a backup, you can safely go back. But I wouldn't give up so fast if I were you, together we should be able to sort this out. First, take a look at your GD version: click on "admin tools", "phpinfo" and search the page for the GD module info. Note the version, then go to coppermine config and check what version of GD you have set up there. Make sure the version in coppermine config matches the version you actually have on your server (the version that is being shown in phpinfo).
Next, let's test uploading step-by-step: try uploading first using http uploads (the upload link in your coppermine menu). Check if this works. Pleas report back here.

Joachim

mijohnst

I think I know what the problem is, but I can't figure out who to fix it.  My versions of PHP, Perl, and GD are all good.  I took your advice about trying to upload a single picture and I get all kinds of access denied errors to the /albums/edit directory.  When I try to change permission it tells me it's not permitted.  Any ideas?

#######################################################################
Errors
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/public_html/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/public_html/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/public_html/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/public_html/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/public_html/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/public_html/upload.php on line 453

Trying to change permissions
jailshell-2.05a$ ls -al
total 28
drwxrwxrwx    7 root root     4096 Aug 31 11:54 .
drwxr-x---   10 root nobody       4096 Aug 31 18:45 ..
drwxrwxrwx    2 root root     4096 Aug 31 11:51 AG
drwxrwxrwx    2 root root     4096 Aug 31 03:05 Hunter
drw-rw-rw-    2 nobody   nobody       4096 Aug 31 02:19 edit
-rwxrwxrwx    1 root root        0 May 26 13:30 index.html
drwxrwxrwx    2 root root     4096 Aug 31 03:15 reunion
drwxrwxrwx   11 root root     4096 Jun 29 23:24 userpics
jailshell-2.05a$ chmod 777 edit/
chmod: changing permissions of `edit': Operation not permitted

Nibbler

The edit directory is owned by nobody, try the code here to delete the directory, then you can recreate it yourself.

mijohnst

Thank you Nibbler and GauGau!  I am one step closer.  I removed and re-added the "edit" directory using that little script.  Now I am able to browse on my computer to a picture but when I try and add it I get an error, "The previous file could not be placed."  I'm doing a search for the error now and it looks like something isn't poined right somewhere...

mijohnst

Thank you guys for your help.  I decided to just format and start over.  I'm glad that I did because I now have orginaized my pictures into folders instead of just have a hundreds in userpics all over the place.  It seems to be working pefect.  Thank you to all the develpers for your wonderful software. :)