unrecoverable error unrecoverable error

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

unrecoverable error

Started by Onlyeyes, September 11, 2004, 09:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onlyeyes

I uploaded some pictures via FTP to a folder under my albums directory like I usually do.  I went to batch add them to an album, but instead of the usual "ok" symbol, they were just red X's.  
I clicked on the X and got this error message:

Warning: imagejpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error: in /home/andy2/public_html/photos/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 209

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/andy2/public_html/photos/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 217
Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

I have been using version 1.3.1 for a while now with no problems and have uploaded thousands of photos successfully....what is causing that error ??

Thanks !

mstralka

Go to your config page and find out which version of GD you are using.  If it is version 1, switch to v2 and see if that helps.

Mark
GO IRISH

Onlyeyes

No, it says I'm using GD version 2.X

Anything else ?

kegobeer

Sounds like a problem with GD.  This is usually associated with the way it was compiled.  Tell your host you get "imagejpeg(): gd-jpeg: JPEG library reports unrecoverable error" and ask them to look into it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Onlyeyes

Ok, but it seems weird that it would just suddenly stop working like that...

If we did a re-install of coppermine would that do anything ?

kegobeer

I doubt it, and it's not as uncommon as you'd think.  Your webhost may have upgraded php or some other service, and during the recompile GD may have gotten corrupted.

If you search Google, you can find plenty of PHP scripts that do GD image manipulation.  You can try one on your site, and if it doesn't work you know for sure it's not your fault.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Onlyeyes

Well I have the gallery on a site hosted by lunarpages.  I started a thread over on their help form:

http://www.lunarforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=138476

they seem to think that its some kind of a permissions or ownership issue...does that make sense to you ?

mstralka

Is the <cpg>/albums directory set to 777?  Is the albums/edit and albums/userpics set to 777?
GO IRISH

Tranz

I have the same webhost as Onlyeyes, and with suPHP, folders and files need to be set to 755 and 644, respectively.

@Onlyeyes, Danielle gave you instructions on what to do to help them help you figure out the problem. Have you followed them yet?

Onlyeyes

I tried it both with 777 and 755. 

But none of this is any different from the other 4,000 + files i have uploaded before...why would the permissions suddenly change?

Yes, i sent an email over to their support people so they can see if its a permissions problem, but i would be surprised if it was that.