Can't upload and no error message Can't upload and no error message

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Can't upload and no error message

Started by kelsse, September 30, 2004, 07:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelsse

Hi,  I've reviewed all comments regarding what to do when you can't upload and I did triple check my chmod settings and they're at 777 but I still can't upload.  It'll act like it's uploading and then will clear out the menu and when I check to see if the file is there, there's nothing.  I'm not even getting any error message.  Any ideas?  I really appreciate the help.

Joachim Müller

link and test-account (non admin) with upload privileges, please.

Joachim

kelsse

http://www.kelseymetcalf.com/Album

try:
username: test
password: testing

Or you can create a new one if you'd like...the admin aspect is working just fine so I can always go in and delete you... :)

Tranz

Quote from: kelsse on September 30, 2004, 09:51:28 PM
Or you can create a new one if you'd like
Actually, supporters don't like to create accounts because that would mean registering for dozens of sites just to provide assistance. Just something to keep in mind when asking for help in some places.

Joachim Müller

What did you set the albums folder to in coppermine config? It shouldn't be blank!

Joachim

kelsse

Sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you mean.  Do you mean config.php or the configuration tab on the admin controls.  On the admin controls I have the album directory set at albums/.

Is that what you were looking for?

Joachim Müller

that's what I meant: the coppermine config from the admin menu. Did you modify any of the coppermine core files? Where did you get the coppermine package from?

Joachim

kelsse

No, I haven't touched any of the core files and I downloaded from sourceforge.net.

Nibbler

You are using an inadequate version of PHP (4.0.6). You need 4.1.0 or better to run Coppermine properly.

kelsse

Being obtuse....

So I would need to open upload.php and change EVERY instance of $_server to $HTTP_SERVER_VARS ?  (just want to make sure before I mess around in there.

Nibbler

No, I edited that out sorry. You would need to change all autoglobals to old style in all coppermine code and then add globals into functions where needed, there may well be other issues with older versions of php too. Upgrading is by far the better option.

kelsse

ARGH

I appreciate the help and patience - thanks!  but I'm tied to a cheap host provider apparantly with v 4.0.6, no control over that. I'll look around some more.  I really did love the interface though.

Thanks again.