Uploaded all pictures in /userpics Uploaded all pictures in /userpics

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Uploaded all pictures in /userpics

Started by Vraagteken, November 21, 2004, 01:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vraagteken

Hi,
I've got a little problem  :D
I upgraded to cpg132 but now the folder '/userpics' can't be used anymore, only by Coppermine itself.
In older versions it did actually work, I can replace all pictures but then they don't show up anymore.
I gues I've to change the values in the database or is there a way to get it working from /userpics?

Casper

the userpics folder may have worked for you, but it did not for everyone, and often failed after some time of working ok.

leave the existing pics, and the database alone, as long as you have had no trouble.

Just make sure that for all future uploads, you create new folders withinin the albums folder, and ftp to them.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Vraagteken

Ok, but if it stops working, I've to batch over 2000 pictures again...  :o
I wish I had read the manual...  :P

Tranz

No, you don't have to do anything with existing files. They are still in the database. Just don't use userpics for future batch uploads.

Vraagteken