Video upload with just PGP/GD? Video upload with just PGP/GD?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Video upload with just PGP/GD?

Started by TheKog, November 28, 2004, 03:10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKog

I LOVE this package -- thanks to those that wrote it and support.

I am running with PGP 4.3.9  and the bundled version of GD 2.0.28. Is this why I get failures trying to upload a WMV file? It fails and after partially uploading and tells me the server is "unavailable". I suspsect the timeout is related to PHP choking on the time it takes to upload the file. But do I need Imagick to support the video format?

The appropriate dirs per install instructions are set to 777 -- isn't this a massive security hole on my server? I was unable to get uploads to work with 755.

Also does the code prevent folks from uploading malicious file types that can be a security problem -- I read that it will only allow uploads of files whose extensions are supported by the graphics package. What's the deal here? Do I need to tweak the allowed file types in the config? ALso what's the syntax for this config line?

And finally, with the bundled GD do I get support gor GIFs to be uploaded and displayed also?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

kegobeer

Neither ImageMagick or GD support video - all they do is manipulate images.  Any error message you receive while uploading large files is most likely due to a timeout issue.

There are no known security issues with the standalone version of Coppermine.  The documentation tells you to set 777 or 755 permissions only on your album directory and one file in the include directory, which doesn't leave you open to attacks.  I've had various attacks on my sites in the past and haven't ever had a problem with setting permissions at 777.  Now using the various Nuke programs is a completely different story!   ;)

If you use GD, GIFs aren't allowed, regardless of what version of GD you have.  If you use ImageMagick, you can upload GIFs.  I've posted a mod that allows GIFs with 2.0.28, and the next version of Coppermine will have full GIF support for 2.0.28+.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

TheKog

Thanks you kegobeer -- have one on me!