Cannot upload pictures ( Impossible to move) Cannot upload pictures ( Impossible to move)

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Cannot upload pictures ( Impossible to move)

Started by djyeo, September 25, 2004, 01:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djyeo

I am having the "impossible to move" problem. After some reading, it looks like the edit subdirectory problem. When I checked the edit subdirectory, it was CHMODED to 666 and for some reason I can't change it to 777, the server said permission denied. Does anyone know what happen to my edit subdirectory? Its CHMOEDED to 666 and I can't change it to 777.

Does anyone know what suddenly causing this error. Yesterday I was still able to upload pictures, now this is the message I received.

Error Report
The following uploads encountered errors: 
File Uploads: 
File Name/URL Error Message
1. canon.jpg Impossible to move.

Joachim Müller

try renaming the edit folder to "edit_old" and create a new edit folder in it's place.

Joachim

djyeo

ok, I tried to delete the old edit file and restore the edit file from my backup. Do you know whats causing the edit subdirectory to act like this? Did anyone hacked into my files?

Casper

I have this problem on my server as well.

Open picmgmt.inc.php and find'666'.

Change it to '777'. then upload it to the server.  This should mean that if the script makes a new edit folder, it will be writable.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

SertTurk

I dont have afolder named "Edit" and there is no "666" in the picmngmt.php .
What is wrong with this picture?

kegobeer

Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Casper

:-[
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here