Uploads fine, pics on server, but second screen reads error Uploads fine, pics on server, but second screen reads error

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Uploads fine, pics on server, but second screen reads error

Started by jaii, December 08, 2004, 03:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaii

PHP version 4.3.9
MySQL version 4.0.22-standard
CM latest version (checked but i forgot numbers :D)
CM installed with Fantastico, being hosted on icanahost.com
www.digitallyderived.com/cm_pics
No PHP knowledge, php config files are not accessible (I believe, looked and found nothing)

As a admin, my batch add's worked fine. However, when users started to try and upload, the images did not come up. I created an account and tried it myself, and indeed what happens is it uploads fine, I can see the image on my server under 100(some number) folder along with an empty (0kb) index.html file. However, what i get next is a error page stating, "the previous file could not be placed. You have successfully placed all the files" with a one image upload of about 20kb size. Any help would be appreciated!

Casper

Go into your groups settings page, and change the settings for 'Maximum/exact number of file upload boxes' to 1 (you may have to scroll to the right to see this setting), and set the 'user can customise number of boxes' to no.

Now try to upload again, and you should get a more detailed error message.  Please post that message here.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Joachim Müller

Look up your version, the "latest version" surely is something else for you than for us, especially if you use the fantastico build - it is known to cause problems, as it differs from the original from our download section. If you want help with uploads made by users, you should post a test user account (non-admin!) as well.

Joachim

jaii

CM version (according to fantastico) - 1.3.2
First line of changelog - $Id: CHANGELOG,v 1.24 2004/08/16 21:20:47 gaugau Exp $
(CM base dir)/docs/index.htm - 1.3.2

1) This was alreadly set to 5.

2) test account is test test (digitallyderived.com/cm_pics)

Other points of interest, when it finishes uploading files to site, and goes to ask you what albums etc. to place them in, the thumbnail image does not exist. It appears that the fingernail that is created has a name "/albums/edit/mHTTP_temp_71359f8b.jpg", while what the fingernail is referencing is "/albums/edit/preview_bb925ff2.jpg".

clearing up what I said earlier: When I said images upload fine, they exist on the server in /albums/userpics/10001 with a empty index.htm in it as well.
When a user goes to upload, they select image number, select image, and click upload, it appears on server, and then asks them where to place it. They select etc. and then click continue, then they get a screen that says quite simply "the previous file could not be placed" and then an empty line and then "you have successfully placed all files"

jaii

I AM AN IDIOT.
All set, apparently the permissions had changed in the config section. I would report this idiotic error to my hoster and tell them to fix fantastico, but the whole reason I figured this out was adding a subdomain and using it to install another version of CM and then dbl checking settings in config. Apparently, it installed with the directory default permissions correctly, HOWERVER, the image default was set so it had read but no write, so it couldn't move! I should have known to check permissions first, I've been using Unix for some 4 odd years on an old sun machine for school, if it makes it and can't move it then that would be the only reason... grrr ignore me I just spend far too much time trying to rip through my brain and skipped over the obvious's first  :\'(

and sorry for wasting your times guys... if I actually *had* money in my name I'd paypal some of it over to ya!