getting a error when going to upload something getting a error when going to upload something

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

getting a error when going to upload something

Started by Mo, August 22, 2004, 05:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mo

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/virtual/site23/fst/var/www/html/Gallery/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/virtual/site23/fst/var/www/html/Gallery/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/virtual/site23/fst/var/www/html/Gallery/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/virtual/site23/fst/var/www/html/Gallery/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/virtual/site23/fst/var/www/html/Gallery/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/virtual/site23/fst/var/www/html/Gallery/upload.php on line 453

I am goign to the upload place and it wont let me. Gives me the following error

Mo

actually i think i might now know the problem. It will not let me change the chmod on the edit folder from 666 or even view the folder. wont even let me delete that folder

Tranz

What do you mean by "It"? Have you tried using an FTP client?

Nibbler

The edit directory was owned by 'apache', he will ask his host to CHOWN it for him.

mad72

please, what do i have to type for changing in the command line?
bye, Marco

Joachim Müller

You should google for terms like "chown", it's rather easy to get help on such topics, e.g. http://www.start-linux.com/articles/article_161.php
Of course you need shell access, proper permissions and (most basic) a Linux/Unix system that actually has CHOWN (there's no CHOWN on Windows, but similar actions in the user interface).

Joachim