batch add files batch add files

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

batch add files

Started by Becksbear, September 01, 2004, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Becksbear

i've got all my pictures uploaded per ftp client on /html/cpg132/albums/userpics/fun_and_action/ .

i've gave all directorys the accesslevel 777.

but if i want tt batch add files, i can't..

On the link, i get this text:
"Select directory
This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your files 
"

but i don't have the chance to choose a directory like in version 1.2..

could anybody help me?

___

falls jemand deutsch versteht:
ich kann den batch upload nich ausführen, da gibbet kein verzeichnisbaum zum auswählen wie bei version 1.2

kegobeer

Quotei've got all my pictures uploaded per ftp client on /html/cpg132/albums/userpics/fun_and_action/

Ok, now a quote from the Coppermine documents:

QuoteIt's recommended that the coppermine admin uses ftp to upload many pics in one go. Use your ftp software to create sub-folders within your_coppermine_directory/albums/, where your ftp uploads can go to. It's a good idea to have a folder structure within the albums folder that reflects your coppermine categories and albums, but it's not mandatory.
Important: do not create folders or upload to the userpics- nor the edit-folder by ftp: these folders are used by coppermine internally and mustn't be used for any other purpose! Folder names mustn't contain dots and it's even recommended not to use any special chars - only use a-z, numbers and maybe - or _. Make sure to upload in binary or auto-mode.

To sum it up, don't touch the /userpics directory.  Coppermine 1.3+ doesn't look in the /userpics directory when you batch add, since you aren't supposed to FTP to that directory.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Becksbear

oh, thx for the fast reply..

i didn't see that.. or understood it first.. but now i think i know, what i have to do ;P

MrHank

Hey,

ok so.... i used cpg since 1.1 or somethin like that. now i upgraded finally to 1.3.2 - works fine,
just the batch add won't do its work in case of the dots in nearly all my folder names.
any ideas, how i could safely rename the folders without any losts (comments, votes etc.)?

thx for replies,
timm

Joachim Müller

you shouldn't have had dots in folder names in the first place - now there's no easy way to fix this for the existing pics within your gallery (except going through the database with a tool like phpMyAdmin and renaming all folder names with dots and then renaming all folders using ftp), although I wouldn't bother if I were you; I suggest you just create a new folder structure with folders that don't contain dots or other special chars for all future uploads and leave the current folder structure as-is. Another option (although not recommended)  is to modify searchnew.php, findif (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && substr($file,0,1) != "." && strpos($file,"'") == FALSE && $file != substr($CONFIG['userpics'],0,strlen($CONFIG['userpics'])-1)  && $file != "edit" ) {and replace withif (is_dir($CONFIG['fullpath'] . $folder . $file) && $file != "." && $file != ".." && $file != substr($CONFIG['userpics'],0,strlen($CONFIG['userpics'])-1)  && $file != "edit") { - this will show folders with dots once more.

Joachim