Memory size exhausted, but FAQ did not help Memory size exhausted, but FAQ did not help

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Memory size exhausted, but FAQ did not help

Started by PBa, January 21, 2005, 07:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBa

Hi,

I have a problem when uploading a picture of 2272x1704. I did some calculating based on the FAQ about this problem. I need about 15MB of memory to process this picture. I asked my provider to change the memory to 16MB (I'm very lucky that he did that ;D)

Now i get the same problem but i don't understand why, here's the errormessage:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted at (null):0 (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) in /home/peter-baars/www/photo/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 209

What realy triggers me is the part of (tried to allocate 9088 bytes) that same message was there with the same number of bytes when the memory was still on 12MB.

What am i doing wrong. ???

Joachim Müller

to add a pic of this huge size, you'll need much more memory. Doing so is not recommended (most people consider this a waste of resources, webspace and bandwidth), I suggest you resize on your client before uploading. If you must upload files with such huge dimensions, you'll need to have even more memory. Please note that there are other server setup vars that can keep you from uploading such huge pics, refer to the sticky threads on this board. What actual item in the faq are you refering to, maybe it needs clarification?

Joachim