New To All Of This - Where Do I Upload Images? New To All Of This - Where Do I Upload Images?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

New To All Of This - Where Do I Upload Images?

Started by sparkette12, January 30, 2005, 05:20:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkette12

Hello.  I'm sure this has been asked a million times and I'm sorry to be the next person to do so, but I've searched through some of the threads and haven't come across an answer.

I just got Coppermine set up - I have my albums named and all that, but I need to know where I upload the images.  Do I go to the ALBUMS folder and just throw the images in there?  Also, where do I get access to the actual pages for my albums?

Here's the link to my gallery if it'll help to see - http://www.twelve-midnight.paper-moon.net/gallery/

Thank you!

Tranz

If you read through the threads, did you not see the instructions to read the manual? ;)
http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#batch_add_pics

sparkette12

I've created catagories, albums, and have uploaded images, but nothing is showing up or working.  I click on a catagory and nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Joachim Müller

you have so far only set up categories, but no albums. Categories can only hold sub-categories and albums, but no pics. Only albums can contain pics. You should have read the documentation as suggested, it's all being described there :o.

Joachim

sparkette12

I did read the instructions - several times actually - but it's just not working.

kegobeer

Read section 2.2 Getting started -> Use the "Album Manager" ("Albums" link in the admin menu) in to create and order your albums. You'll need at least one album your files can go into.

When you create albums, you have the option to select (from a drop down box) the category you want to create it in.  Select your category, click new, rename it, then apply changes.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kegobeer

Click on the Albums link in your admin menu bar.  You'll see the Album Manager.  Select the category you want to add an album to, then click New.  Rename it, then click Apply modifications.  Do this for each album you make.

As the admin, you want to FTP your images and batch add them.  Use your FTP program to create a subdirectory in the /albums directory.  Call it uploads.  Make sure you set the permissions to 777.  FTP your pictures to that directory.

Click Batch Add from the admin menu bar.  Select the directory you created.  Select the album you want to add pictures to, then select each picture you want to add.  Click Insert pictures.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots