Two Different catagory with different ul permission? Two Different catagory with different ul permission?

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Two Different catagory with different ul permission?

Started by qt4eva, February 03, 2005, 03:24:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qt4eva

Sorry if this have already been ask, but i couldnt' seem to be able to find it.. here my question..
I have two Catagory, let say A and B.. is there a way to set catagory A to allow only Web-Browser upload since this catagory host small file size image.. and set catagory B to allow only URL upload?? Thank first,

- also another question.. can someone help me find the topic for adding another button on the top where it said album list, recent comment, and etc.. after this forum changed, i coudlnt' find it no more. Thank again.

OmegaGOD

Please post only one question per topic.

Quote from: qt4eva on February 03, 2005, 03:24:34 AM
is there a way to set catagory A to allow only Web-Browser upload since this catagory host small file size image.. and set catagory B to allow only URL upload??

I am not sure what you mean by web-browser uploads vs URL uploads. There are two ways to upload images to CPG. The first is through the web-browser and CPG's admin interface which I think is what your are doing. The other way is via FTP. Please clarify what you mean by web-browser uploads vs URL uploads.

- also another question.. can someone help me find the topic for adding another button on the top where it said album list, recent comment, and etc.. after this forum changed, i coudlnt' find it no more. Thank again.

To add a button, you need to edit the theme.php file for the current theme that you are using for CPG.
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Hein Traag

Details on how to add a extra button can also be found in the miniCMS thread (found in the modification board).
Also includes how to add buttons which are only visible to registered users.

qt4eva

Quote from: OmegaGOD on February 03, 2005, 07:14:38 AM
Please post only one question per topic.

is there a way to set catagory A to allow only Web-Browser upload since this catagory host small file size image.. and set catagory B to allow only URL upload??

I am not sure what you mean by web-browser uploads vs URL uploads. There are two ways to upload images to CPG. The first is through the web-browser and CPG's admin interface which I think is what your are doing. The other way is via FTP. Please clarify what you mean by web-browser uploads vs URL uploads.

To add a button, you need to edit the theme.php file for the current theme that you are using for CPG.

What i mean is that.. when u click on the UPload button, there is two choices.  First choice is upload the image from your computer to the web server.  Second choice is URL upload which i think is put in a link of a picture from another page.  I want to know is how to set one Catagory to use only the web-base upload option, and the other Catagory to be only URL upload.

kegobeer

You can only set upload methods in the groups panel.  This can't be set differently for each album.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Tranz

If you set different user groups for the albums in each category, then set upload methods in the groups panel, you can achieve what you want, I think.