Upload a whole local directory Upload a whole local directory

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Upload a whole local directory

Started by Summi, February 11, 2005, 09:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summi

hi,

whow can i upload a whole local directory with pics/files to an album ??

-> i have just found the batch function for already uploaded directories or the function for uploading single files...

thanx for your help,

summi

jmc

Hi, Summi!
Usually, you would have to ftp the folder to your webspace (into the "albums" directory) and it will then become visible in the "Batch Add Files" tool. By the way, you do know that cpg1.3 can be set to allow up to 10 files for transfer at one time?
Hope this helps!
John Mc
I'm trying hard... at least!

cecgodoy

Quote from: jmc on February 11, 2005, 09:59:12 PM
Hi, Summi!
Usually, you would have to ftp the folder to your webspace (into the "albums" directory) and it will then become visible in the "Batch Add Files" tool. By the way, you do know that cpg1.3 can be set to allow up to 10 files for transfer at one time?
Hope this helps!
John Mc

Do i need to create a new floder to these images?

artistsinhawaii

Unless you want all your pictures in one folder, it would be a good idea.

Generally speaking, I find it a good idea to mimic your Category/Album  settings when setting up your folders.

For example, if you have a category named "Dogs" and albums in it like "Big Dogs" "Medium Dogs" and  "Small Dogs", you would create a folder structure in the Albums folder such as:

Coppermine
   Albums
        Dogs
          Big Dogs
          Medium Dogs
          Small Dogs

Then ftp into each folder what pictures are appropriate.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.