file upload problem (I have read the fag/sticky and other threads) file upload problem (I have read the fag/sticky and other threads)

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

file upload problem (I have read the fag/sticky and other threads)

Started by luma, March 26, 2005, 07:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luma

Hello CPG users.

I am trying to upload a file to my galler and I am having a strange problem.
it uploads fine, says its been uploaded, I click continue, takes a second and then it asks me where I would like to put it and for a description, I enter what I want (did this many times) I then click continue and after about 30 seconds I get a plain white screen, no error, no info nothing just a white screen.

the gallery itself is set to allow 4 meg images in resolution up to 8192.
the server is set to allow uploads of 4 megs memory and what not of 8megs

I am uploaded this picture alone using one file box.

the picture is 1meg (1059140bytes) and 4096 x 2599 pixels

the server is windows 2000 server. apache 2, php, mysql.

the hardware in the server is quad Xeon 450's with 512megs of ram. and SCSI drives. its not the most powerfull hardware now a days but it sure runs the gallery very niceless (untill I tried uploading greater than 1meg pics)

any suggestions?

Luc

luma

oops
just read http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5843.0

and it looks like that 4000+ pixel picture will need a bit more than 8 megs :)

when I get home I will increase the memory in php.ini and let you know

Luc

luma

Update:
ok I changed php.ini and it turned out it was not the Ram option it was the Time out of 30 seconds, so I upped that a little bit and also changed the ram a bit and now it works like a charm.

I also went from GD to imagemagick and that works well too, no problems at all.

SOLVED!

Luma