Permission denied to upload.php Permission denied to upload.php

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Permission denied to upload.php

Started by Mashed2005, March 29, 2005, 01:22:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashed2005

I've been using coppermine for a few days now and it's been fine but an hour ago as I was in the middle of uploading pictures to an album (5 at a time - I got to 34 pics) I got a few error messages and it wont let me upload the rest of my pics. The error messages at the top of the screen when i click on 'upload file' are as follows:

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/www/mashed.tollfreepage.com/photos/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/www/mashed.tollfreepage.com/photos/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/www/mashed.tollfreepage.com/photos/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/www/mashed.tollfreepage.com/photos/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/www/mashed.tollfreepage.com/photos/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/www/mashed.tollfreepage.com/photos/upload.php on line 453

Any help appreciated. I haven't modified any of the php files ec. Everything was working fine.

Cheers, Colin

Nibbler

Mashed2005

I read this in the FAQ, however I do not appear to have a folder named edit in albums. I have 'userpics' and index.html. I don't know why this is. I have the folder in my cpg folder on my hdd and when i uploaded everything there were no errors. Could there have bene an error that caused it to be deleted after installation?

Is it ok to upload the edit folder now that contains a 2kb index.html folder or will it mess more things up?

Thanks for your help, that was a quick response from you  ;)

Mashed2005

ok this seems strange. when I attepmt to upload the edit folder I get an error "550 edit: File exists" followed by "Permission Denied". I can't see the files or folder and I've even set -la to show invisibles.  ???