Multiple File Upload for Users Multiple File Upload for Users

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Multiple File Upload for Users

Started by Lul2x, April 07, 2005, 07:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lul2x

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an easy way for users to upload many pictures without having to browse for each file individually. Are there any options where the user can either select multiple images at once when browsing or upload a zip file, etc? My users are getting frustrated because they have like 70 images and have to browse for each one individually. Thanks

kegobeer

The web interface allows for up to 10 images to be uploaded at once, but they have to pick each file.  You should have your members try the XP Publisher interface.  Please read the documentation for more information.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Lul2x

Wow, that is such a hassle, especially for those who aren't too good with computers. Do you know if the development team is planning on making it easier for users to upload many images at a time?

kegobeer

I don't believe the current system of uploading is hard at all.  Matter of fact, the same basic system is used by most gallery applications.  We have no plans on changing that system.

And exactly what is such a hassle, the XP publisher or reading the documentation?  The publisher is ridiculously easy to use and allows users to upload a bunch of files all at once.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Lul2x

The documentation was short, no hassle. The hassle isn't on me, but for my users. They just want to be able to click and upload. Most won't want to have to download something, install (kinda) and then upload. That means they have to read documentation and for most people that is too much to even bother with when they can go to Image Station or something. Believe me, I wish ppl weren't that lazy but most just don't want to go through all of that to upload their pictures.

Edit: Seems like the xp_publish will give me problems too since I have a bridge. Wouldn't it be easy to add something so that when you browse for your pictures, you could select more than one (by holding ctrl) rather than having to select one at a time?

Tranz

If you really care about this, you can offer to sponsor this mod and then release it to the community when someone is willing to do it.