Problem with batch-upload Problem with batch-upload

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Problem with batch-upload

Started by whmeeske, April 08, 2005, 10:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whmeeske

I'm a new Coppermine user and I have a question about uploading pictures with a batch.

When I choose the option "Add Batch" I see some text about FTP and so on, but I don't see any folder-structure.
What's going wrong here? All other things seems to be working fine.

Can somebody explain how the batch function works? The documentation is not very clear about it.

kegobeer

It works just like the docs explain.  You create a directory in your /albums directory (don't touch the /edit or the /userpics directories), FTP your images there, then do the batch add process.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

whmeeske

Quote from: kegobeer on April 08, 2005, 12:42:37 PM
It works just like the docs explain.  You create a directory in your /albums directory (don't touch the /edit or the /userpics directories), FTP your images there, then do the batch add process.
I did the above mentioned procedure, but there appears still no folder-structure when I hit the Batch button  ???

Nibbler

Can you give an example link to a file you are attempting to batch add ?

whmeeske

Quote from: Nibbler on April 10, 2005, 11:40:30 PM
Can you give an example link to a file you are attempting to batch add ?
I don't know quite what you mean...
I have a private webserver at home on wich I'm experimenting with CPG. The CPG-pages are not integrated in any website, so it's not reachable yet.
I'll put it online when I'm satisfied at a certain level.

Does the batch-function not work when I put my pictures in folder with Windows Explorer? If I have to use a FTP-client, does that mean that I must have a FTP-server running om my webserver?

tomrock

Putting the pictures in with Windows Expolrer works just fine on a local machine.

You have a folder called albums. In that folder you want to make a new folder (you might call it myalbum)

You put the pictures in myalbum

If you still don't see anything when you try to batch add, can you post a screenshot of what you do see?

I'm running CPG locally with apache 1.3.33 and php 4.something.11 and MySQL 4.1.something and it works fine

whmeeske

Quote from: tomrock on April 11, 2005, 03:56:53 PM
Putting the pictures in with Windows Expolrer works just fine on a local machine.

You have a folder called albums. In that folder you want to make a new folder (you might call it myalbum)

You put the pictures in myalbum

If you still don't see anything when you try to batch add, can you post a screenshot of what you do see?

I'm running CPG locally with apache 1.3.33 and php 4.something.11 and MySQL 4.1.something and it works fine
I don't know what happened, I didn't change anything, but it works !!
I can see my 'batch upload' folder and if I select it I see all the pictures I put in that folder.

krieg

I have the same problem, but it is not fixing itself.  Screenshot below...

FigJam

Hi Guys,

Same problemo as Krieg

Done the ftp & chmod but still no file structure

Kia-Ora ??? ::)

Joachim Müller

did you ftp-upload into the userpics or edit folder? You mustn't.