im starting to get fed up with coppermine im starting to get fed up with coppermine

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

im starting to get fed up with coppermine

Started by campusimpact, April 08, 2005, 10:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

campusimpact

coppermines batch add process is now starting to annoy me. i just transfered to my hosts paid server and instead of backing everything up i wiped everything out on my old server. so i install coppermine on my new server and i enter everything just the way i did before in each file of the albums directory. it was already entered as 777 the error message not writable shows up i change it to 755 samething happens. i went through every single post here and every single pinned document and have not found anything about this unless i over looked something. what is going on why can i not batch add?!

- Dave

campusimpact

please some one help me it seems like that everyone elses posts are getting answered right away and i mean the ones that are post after mine was can some one please help me out here?!

- Dave

Tranz

Quote from: campusimpact on April 08, 2005, 10:05:28 PM
coppermines batch add process is now starting to annoy me. i just transfered to my hosts paid server and instead of backing everything up i wiped everything out on my old server. so i install coppermine on my new server and i enter everything just the way i did before in each file of the albums directory. it was already entered as 777 the error message not writable shows up i change it to 755 samething happens. i went through every single post here and every single pinned document and have not found anything about this unless i over looked something. what is going on why can i not batch add?!

- Dave
Quote from: campusimpact on April 09, 2005, 03:07:38 AM
please some one help me it seems like that everyone elses posts are getting answered right away and i mean the ones that are post after mine was can some one please help me out here?!

- Dave
Do you walk into a restaurant, announce that you are fed up with the restaurant, and expect the restaurant staff not to spit in your food? Just because this is a forum on the internet, you don't have to suspend common sense and politeness.

http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#lamesupport

campusimpact

your right i should have waited longer. i was thinking that my question would be answered right away but yet i didnt think twice about what might be going on in the forum and what not. i apologize.

- Dave

OmegaGOD

What is the exact error message you are getting when trying to batch add?
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

campusimpact

the only thing it says is Not Writable next the folder that is all. i even went and checked the permissions all were set to 777 so i tried 755 and still nothing worked.

- Dave

OmegaGOD

If you are using Batch-add and have FTPed files up into your albums directory, make sure that any directories that you have uploaded also have writeable permission by the server. For example, ./albums/2005_Spring_Break. The 2005_Spring_Break will also have to be 777.

If you can post the exact error message it may help.

--OmegaGOD
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

campusimpact

thanks for your help it turned out it was the folder where the images were located that wasnt set thanks for the support.

- Dave

OmegaGOD