Not a GD extension Not a GD extension

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Not a GD extension

Started by Whitey, April 12, 2005, 03:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitey

File Name/URL                        Error Message
whitey-ripple.gif                  Not a GD extension.

The exttensions allowed are all. I am quiet weary of how to fix this.

kegobeer

Coppermine 1.3.2 doesn't allow GIF images when using GD, even though GD 2.0.28 has GIF support back in.  There is a mod posted on the mods board to allow them.  Please search before posting.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

edje2004

hello i whas looking in demods for the mod that allow gif files in coppermine. i cant find witch one i need. can you please give a link here or a name of that mod please ?

Nibbler

edje2004

nice, but i cant find that module in zip format. i dont have any clu about php zo only that i can is upload some things there. why is it so inpossible to get gif photos into a nice photo album .. damn shame on the creators for that

Nibbler

Nothing to do with us, GIF support wasn't available in GD for legal reasons.

edje2004

so ok, for legal reasons. BUT...... it exist ... so....... why is it so inpossible to put a F@@$# link on this forum to that module so i can put it in the program on my site so my guests have a freaking nice album ?
now i have something like..... duhhhh let it all go, and get the F@$# away with that album .

Why can it be a little be easyer for us to have that gif support here.

Realy all the fun is flying away this way.

Do i have to go on my knees and beging to you for the link to gif support ?

Nibbler

(https://coppermine-gallery.com/forum/proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lunarforums.com%2Fforum%2Fimages%2Fsmiles%2Ficon_sad.gif&hash=6db76038e6519c619aac0b17ccc06e88eeef6926)

kegobeer

Uhh, the link to GIF support was provided 6 posts above this one.  If you want GD and GIF support, you'll have to modify the files yourself.  If you can't/won't do that, you can always switch to ImageMagick - just ask your host if they have it; if they don't, ask if they will install it.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots