Must use "member albums"?? Must use "member albums"??

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Must use "member albums"??

Started by simplyzen, April 18, 2005, 09:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyzen

It appears that a category is automatically created, Member Albums, when CPG is installed.  I have created multiple categories of my own but I cann't delete the default one.  Can this be done?  How?  I only want member albums to be placed into one of my categories, not the default one.

Nibbler

Empty it of albums and it will not be displayed.

simplyzen

It appears that when a user creates an album it places it where they selected, say photography, AND in the members albums.  It's almost redundant in that it places the album under both categories.  Why is this?

Nibbler

It doesn't. The album can only be in 1 category. Maybe a link to your site would help.

simplyzen

It's still in development for this software, so go easy on me...

http://www.simplyzen.net/house

I have created a couple of albums and uploaded some pix, however, the album "kitties" is under Member Albums AND Photography where I put it.

It may not be that bad of a feature now that I think about it... you can look for albums under the category of choice but ALSO under the member albums where all albums are stored... hrm

Nibbler

There is nothing in 'member albums' other than an empty album.

http://simplyzen.net/house/index.php?cat=1

simplyzen

Ahh... but on the main page it states there is 1 album in that category.  ???

simplyzen

Ok, figured out what's going on and I need to know how to make it stop....

If I'm logged in as a regular user and select to "add" an album...  It just places that album into the "members albums" category.  There isn't a choice in where to put it.  I also cannot delete this category.

If I'm logged in as an admin and select to "add" an album...  It gives me the option to place it in any of the categories I've setup.  EXCEPT member albums.  I couldn't make an album there if I wanted to.

So how can I make so that normal users can place their albums in the categories that I've defined?
How can I get rid of the "member albums" category all together?

Please help as I'm lost on this one.   :-\\

Nibbler

I already told you about user galleries - empty it and it will not be displayed. If you disable private uploads in the groups page, enable public uploads in the groups page, make some albums, set properties on these albums to allow visitor uploads then you can have what you want.

simplyzen

Ok, I think that was where I was getting confused.

"Can have a personal gallery" gives them the rights to create albums.  This is what I want.  I want them to create their own albums, and I want them to "categorize" their albums within the categories that I've setup.  i.e. photography, digital, blah, blah

If I turn that option off then they can only seemingly upload images to an already public album.  They cannot create their own albums.

So then, I must ask what the point is.  It sounds like either a) I create albums for them and categorize as I want and allow them to upload... or b) They create their own albums but ALL member created albums are placed under the "member albums" section.  Would this be a correct statement?

If that is how it is... then CAN I make it so when they create albums they can "choose" which category that album should be under?  That is what I'm trying to accomplish.  I think I misunderstood the way coppermine works.

simplyzen

Quoteenable public uploads in the groups page
I cannot, I am integrated with Invision.  Clicking "users" will direct me to Invisions admin section.

Nibbler

Who told you to click on users ? - use the groups page.

Quote from: simplyzen on April 22, 2005, 04:15:11 PM
So then, I must ask what the point is. It sounds like either a) I create albums for them and categorize as I want and allow them to upload... or b) They create their own albums but ALL member created albums are placed under the "member albums" section. Would this be a correct statement?

This is correct.

simplyzen

Are there any hacks that you know of that would allow this functionality?  When I create an album as "admin" I am presented with the categories list and my album is placed in the one I select.  How difficult would it be to enable this for the users as well and make it so their shit doesn't go to the "members albums" section?

Joachim Müller

no, and no swearing please!

Joachim