Upload Problem ... believe to be with GD config, but need advice Upload Problem ... believe to be with GD config, but need advice

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Upload Problem ... believe to be with GD config, but need advice

Started by NotYou, April 27, 2005, 04:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotYou

Today I was made aware of Coppermine, and so far what I've seen I've liked! However, I am having a problem running it on my web host, and specifically with Uploading pictures.

Background:
I have yet to have a successful upload of an image, and I beleive it has to do with GD (ImageMagick is not an option). At first, it reports that "1 uploads were successful", but when continuing the image preview is a red X and this message is displayed "The previous file could not be placed. You have successfully placed all the files. "

The reason I beleive it's with GD is the following:
Debug Info [snippit]:
Module: gd
------------------
module doesn't exist
==========================

PHPInfo [snippet]:
gd
GD Support enabled
GD Version between 1.3 and 1.6.1
GIF Read Support enabled
GIF Create Support enabled

These two entries seam to conflict each other!

When investigating, I noticed that on my web hosting account the PHP "Configure Command" reflects the following for GD: '--with-gd=../gd'

However, on all other PHP "Confure Commands" on other hosting accounts it says this instead: '--with-gd'

Am I on the right track, and if so is there something I can do about it to make Coppermine work for me?

THANKS!

Nibbler

It needs to include JPEG support. I don't see that in the part you posted.

NotYou

Quote from: Nibbler on April 27, 2005, 09:15:57 AM
It needs to include JPEG support. I don't see that in the part you posted.

Hmm... good point, there isn't anything in there that references JPEG support.

I tried to upload other types of files (.gif, .bmp, .png) and other errors were encountered (either not supported file type, "File Not Uploaded by POST",  or similar to above), so I'm assuming the GD support on this web host is quite limited

I tried with an .avi file this morning, and everything worked just fine.