Need to upload 7 gigs as quick as possible. PLEASE HELP! Need to upload 7 gigs as quick as possible. PLEASE HELP!

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Need to upload 7 gigs as quick as possible. PLEASE HELP!

Started by Kaijin, April 29, 2005, 09:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaijin

OK I am not the ne who installed coppermine I am just the guy uploading into the albums. SO I have no idea what version I have or anything. The site is getitfido.com AlsoI have 7 gigs to upload and need them done a.s.a.p. Memory and everything has been increased. Any other ideas to help out? I am open to any suggestions. I have ftp accesss to the server. I need help quickly please.

Nibbler

What is the problem ?

Please don't post all in red, it is difficult to read.

Kaijin

The only problem is it takes forever to upload because I have to do bit by bit, I need a quicker way to do all of those. What is the best way to upload as many as pics as possible in as short amount of time as possible.

Tranz

Did you read the manual/documentation on using batch upload?

Kaijin

kiig

If you have physical access to the server, - you could be flipping a harddrive between your source computer and the webserver, - like copy all images to the disc, - install in the webserver, - mount it, - and let CPG 'load' using the batch upload thingy where you point to the cataloque with the files and select the target album. The drive needs to remain in the webserver because thumbnails and all are created on the disc.

Other than that, - ftp them to the server, - and use batch upload, - I can't figure out a faster way to do that....

and 7 G. is still a hue amount of data.. do you have zillions of files, - or are they hires ?.. Maybe you can batch-convert them to something smaller with Photoshop or something
Kim Igel
http://igel.it (Personal playground) or http://foto.igel.it (Paypal shop-site)