Large Image Sizes Large Image Sizes

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Large Image Sizes

Started by SharkBait, May 06, 2005, 06:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SharkBait

Hello,

I recently installed Coppermine as a standalone and its great.  Though I am having troubles trying to get it to work with files in the 5MB + size.

Is this cause of the settings in the php.ini file?  Its set to a timeout of 60, Memory Limit is 32M max_upload_size is 2M.

I am needing to allow uploads of high resolution images (like TIFFs) that can easily be 50MB +

Can this be done with coppermine??

Thank you,

SharkBait

I've been trying to upload an image that is 5mb in size and after it looks like it uploads it, the page displays:

0 uploads were successful.

Why is this? The disk quota is set to 1GB it has read/write access to all directories. I can upload 1.5 MB files fine.

Nibbler

If your max_upload_size is 2M then that is the maximum filesize you can upload. You would need to increase that in your php.ini. 50M is not a reasonable size of file to expect to be able to upload using a webform. Try using batch add.

SharkBait

I changed the max upload size to 100MB and still the same thing. I'll try the batch option.

SharkBait

Alright even though I have max upload to 100Mb and script executions are set not to ever time out. The largest file that seems to be able to upload was a 5Mb file.

Also what file formats does coppermine support?  I've noticed it doesnt like bmp uploaded to it because GD doesn't like them correct?

I've been able to upload a 4MB pdf and a 4MB powerpoint file.

Hein Traag

Correct.. says so when you install CPG. Dont know about bmp but for example gif needs Imagemagick. JPG and PNG are supported by CPG.