Files were uploaded but they weren't placed in albums. Files were uploaded but they weren't placed in albums.

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Files were uploaded but they weren't placed in albums.

Started by amirhp, September 27, 2005, 07:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amirhp

Hello,
I have a problem with uploading files. First I upload my pictures successfully. After that a page appears for choosing album and writing title, description and keywords. When I hit the continue button this message appears: The previous file could not be placed. For your info my host's server OS is Linux. I installed Coppermine gallery with Fantastico and default permissions for albums folder is 777. I changed it to 755 but it hasn't any effect. I also went to /public_html/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/ and saw that my pictures uploaded there.
I attach a picture of my problem... ???

kegobeer

Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

kegobeer

There is also no support for 1.4.x.  If you want support, you must use 1.3.5.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

Joachim Müller

Judging from the above screenshot I don't think that amirhp actually has cpg1.4.x - the screenshot seems to be from cpg1.3.x. I guess he just provided the wrong information during registration in his profile.

amirhp

Don't get angry soon. Sorry for double posting but it's just a mistake because this forum isn't so user friendly.
But another mistake is that my coppermine gallery version is 1.3.4 not 1.4.x. I changed my profile.

amirhp

My problem is still unsolved. I saw the pages that kegobeer sent. The album folder permission is ok. I also turned on debug mode and Chose Single File Upload but this time this error came:
Please help me as soon as possible.

Nibbler

Fastest way to support is to search the board yourself. There are plenty of posts dealing with your problem.

Joachim Müller

Quote from: amirhp on September 28, 2005, 01:14:10 PM
Sorry for double posting but it's just a mistake because this forum isn't so user friendly.
Oh really, it isn't? Let us hear some wise words how we could make it more user friendly then? ::)

amirhp

>:(
Would you please help me instead of complaining about my double posting. Is it a support forum or complain forum? And don't roll your eyes for me like this: ::)

kegobeer

You don't have ImageMagick, or you specified the wrong location.  Fix the location or switch to GD2.

amirhp

:D
Wow thanks kegobeer, you are great. My problem is solved and now I easily upload my files.
And about my double posting on your forums. My reason is that I couldn't find my previous post so I thought it wasn't sent and post for second time. After that I tried to delete my second post but I can't find out how to do it. These two reasons made me tell you that your forums isn't user friendly. Another time thanks for your support and solving my problem specially kegobeer ;D

Tranz

For future reference, you can find a link to all your posts in your profile.

kegobeer

We don't allow users to delete their own posts.  Imagine how useless threads would become if someone gets pissed off and deletes their posts.  Searching is also the main way to find related topics.  We don't remember threads, we search and find them.  That's why I provided the How to search link, to help you search the forums.