Uploading without Categories (1.3.2) Uploading without Categories (1.3.2)

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Uploading without Categories (1.3.2)

Started by Tragic-Hero, May 23, 2005, 02:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tragic-Hero

Hi,

At the moment I have all my albums under a category called Albums (confusing I know...). As i recall it I was forced to use a category and could not upload pictures direct into albums on my site.

Is it possible to delete the category and save my visitors two unneccessary clicks to see the albums available on my site? and if it is possible - will I lose all statistics, comments etc?

I use 1.3.2 and can´t teally find any option to delete the parent category. Must I have at least one category?

If I´m unclear ot hard to use understand (pardon my Swenglish :-) please check out my site (www.ouch.dk) to see what I mean.

Kind regards,

Patric

kegobeer

You don't have to use categories with Coppermine.  To move an album out of a category, click the properties button next to the album, then change the album category to * No Category *.  Do that for every album.  To delete a category, click the category button and simply delete the category you don't want.  The only one you can't delete is the User Galleries category.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots