Upload error & temp folder question Upload error & temp folder question

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Upload error & temp folder question

Started by gasparmedia, May 25, 2005, 05:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gasparmedia

I have set all of my permissions to 777 (also set them to 755 with no luck)
i have written to my server with all the php.ini info (copy from the FAQ: General Upload Troubleshooting) and they said they have set it accoding to the list provided, i have set the group setting to single file upload.
i do notice there is talk about  a /temp or /tmp folder, but do not see where this folder should be. is it in the folder where i have cpg 133? or is it on the server side of it?

i am getting the typical error
No file was uploaded !
If you have really selected a file to upload, check that the server allows file uploads...
File: /usr/www/virtual/drunkgirlies/www.tampabaydrunks.com/pics/db_input.php - Line: 222

Debug:
Server restrictions (safe mode)?
------------------
Directive | Local Value | Master Value
safe_mode | Off | Off
safe_mode_exec_dir | no value | no value
safe_mode_gid | Off | Off
safe_mode_include_dir | no value | no value
safe_mode_exec_dir | no value | no value
sql.safe_mode | Off | Off
disable_functions | no value | no value
file_uploads | On | On
include_path | .:/usr/local/lib/php | .:/usr/local/lib/php
open_basedir | no value | no value

please help i've been trying to figure this out for 2 weeks now! if you need any more info  let me know

gasparmedia

i have created a test account
tampabaydrunks.com/pics (nsfw)
login: testuser
pass: 123456

Joachim Müller

well, does the server allow uploads? Some webhosts have http uploads disabled - ask them. Try the batch-add feature and report back if you can upload with this method (which is the recommended method for gallery admins anyway)

gasparmedia

i have not had a problem with the batch uploads i have already uploaded over 2000 photos that way, and the i had the server (webair) set it up for file uploads, and agree there should be a temp folder according to the FAQ quote below, but they are also unsure about the placement of it, wether it is a server side temp folder or in MySQL, or somewhere else, they are stumped on where this is to go. I want to have the ability for visitors to my site, and other crew members to be able to add thier own fun photos to the events we attend.

Quote7. upload_tmp_dir - This specifies the temporary directory where PHP stores uploaded files.The most common issue caused by this setting is an open_basedir warning.  In this situation, your server administrator has restricted the files that PHP can work with to a certain directory.  If he does not create and specify a temporary directory within the open_basedir restriction, PHP will attempt to use the OS temporary directory, and it will be rebuffed by the open_basedir restriction.

Joachim Müller

batch-add is not related. I was refering to http uploads only. Please ask your webhost for support on this issue.