Solved---how to upload a whole file of pics in server 2003? Solved---how to upload a whole file of pics in server 2003?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Solved---how to upload a whole file of pics in server 2003?

Started by skchen, June 18, 2005, 11:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skchen

I have no problem in upload a whole file pics in server 2000 when using CPG1.1 version, and it is so convenient.

But now I am using CPG 1.32 in MS 2003 server, there is no way to upload a whole file of pics at one time.
Is there a solution for it?

I know I can upload from XP, but no from my own 203 server.
~~Definitely A MAn With Fun And Intelligence~~

donnoman

Describe what kind of error you get when you batch add.

Rights on 2003 can be tricky.

Make sure that the iuser IIS guest account has write rights to the entire albums directory. You will also need to go into advanced and make sure there is no "deny" right, as it will trump anything you give to the IIS guest account to be able to write to those directories.  Generally on a windows 2003 box when I need to make a directory writable by the web user, I go into advanced permissions, disable inheritance, make a copy of the existing permissions,  delete everything in the rights box except Administrators, System, and Iuser, I give Administrators/System, full control, on Iuser I click full control then click it again, which leaves them with all rights BUT full control, then set it to reset all children to inherited.

You should read the stickies in this "upload" board. There are some additional things to check, and also a description of what troubleshooting steps to take and posting the results of that troubleshooting will be the only way we can truely help you. Otherwise were just guessing.

skchen

Quote from: donnoman on June 18, 2005, 03:29:14 PM
Describe what kind of error you get when you batch add.

Rights on 2003 can be tricky.

Make sure that the iuser IIS guest account has write rights to the entire albums directory. You will also need to go into advanced and make sure there is no "deny" right, as it will trump anything you give to the IIS guest account to be able to write to those directories.  Generally on a windows 2003 box when I need to make a directory writable by the web user, I go into advanced permissions, disable inheritance, make a copy of the existing permissions,  delete everything in the rights box except Administrators, System, and Iuser, I give Administrators/System, full control, on Iuser I click full control then click it again, which leaves them with all rights BUT full control, then set it to reset all children to inherited.

You should read the stickies in this "upload" board. There are some additional things to check, and also a description of what troubleshooting steps to take and posting the results of that troubleshooting will be the only way we can truely help you. Otherwise were just guessing.

Thanks for your helps.

My problem is as the gallery administrator, I would like to batch upload pics as before
when I used CPG 1.1 version.  I do'not mean the guests with the right to batch upload pics.

In CPG 1.32 when I login as the administrato to batch upload pics, on the screem there is no
function panel which I can select the file to upload pics.  That is the problem I am asking and hope
someone can help to solve this problem.

Thanks again for your kind help.

kegobeer

Log in as an admin, and take a screenshot of the menu.  Attach it so we can see what you see.

A link to your site would help as well.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

skchen

::) ::) ::)

I have solved the problem I posted----and I feel a little bit sorry~~

The reason I could n't batch upload pics just
because I forgot I had to first put the pic file in the album file of cpg in my server!

I figured out this afternoon, happy and a little bit shamed too~~

Anyway, hope didn't waste your time too much.

Thanks again~~~~