Huge amount of files for batch-add Huge amount of files for batch-add

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Huge amount of files for batch-add

Started by LazyCat, June 21, 2005, 06:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyCat

I faced with problem - need to add about 40.000 jpg's to fresh installed CPG 1.3.3
Using dedicated server, 4 Xeon processors, 6Gb Memory but still can't batch add even more then 5000 pics.

Is there any suggestions?

OmegaGOD

To my knowledge there is no limit CPG has on batch-adding of images. With the server spec you gave you should have no problem; however, if you are still having problems, I would suggest just batch adding in batches. If you can do 5000 at a time then I would suggest breaking the batch-add into 5000 images at a time.

Hope this helps
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.

Tranz

There is a script by Nibbler that could help. I think it is called timer.php

steverobbins

Hi there,

I read somewhere on the web that there is a limit to the amount of files that can be read in a single directory.  It's something to do with the server config - to stop D-O-S attacks, like listing the contents of a directory over and over again that soaks up server cycles.  I hit a 2000 file limit on my server.

Perhaps this might be something to do with it, perhaps not.  Try searching Google for FTP config.

Regards
Steve.

Tranz

OmegaGOD

Interesting... I never considered that web-hosts would limit access in that way. I mean it makes sense to if you are using a shared server with shared resources and you want to protect against D.O.S. attacks.

I wonder if my web-host has this policy in place too?
Please do not PM me with support questions. Please read the manual and then if posting questions please place them in the proper sub-boards.