critical error critical error

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

critical error

Started by cessam, July 08, 2005, 04:50:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cessam

when i try to assign a picture to a gallery i recieve this message:
Failed to create directory albums/Member Galleries/10004 !

Warning: mkdir(albums/Member Galleries/10004): No such file or directory in /home/themerch/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 2192

what can i do to fix this since i dont have any access to upload pictures now?

thanks in advance

Joachim Müller

make sure your permissions (CHMOD) are set up properly, the albums folder and everything beneath it must be writable for the user the webserver runs under. Usually, you have to CHMOD to 777 or 755 (depending on your webserver config). Keep in mind that there's no CHMOD on Windows boxes, but there are permissions that do a similar thing as well. For details, post more details, i.e. a link to your page and your server specs. A non admin test user account would be a good thing to post along with the link.

cessam

I have checked all permisions in album folder and all sub folders and they are all set to 777 i realized that i posted this under 1.2 however i have 1.3.2 not sure if this matters?
the site is www.themerchan.com/cpg132
i have tried to upload pictures as a different user with rights to upload and they get this error:
Failed to create directory albums/Member Galleries/10008 !

Warning: mkdir(albums/Member Galleries/10008): No such file or directory in /home/themerch/public_html/cpg132/upload.php on line 2192

seems like the only differerce is the 10008!

the website was working completely fine untill yesterday. I would like this up and running asap
thanks once again

cessam

web address is www.themerchan.com/cpg132

login: testuser
pw: password

could it possibly be a setting in the config tab becuase i have changed a few things there

thanks again

Nibbler

If you changed the name of the userpics folder in config you need to also change the name of the actual folder on the filesystem.

cessam

yes i changed the directory for users files from the defualt name to Member Galleries/

I just went into my file manager and looked under albums and the folder is called userpics and under that it is called 10004
should i be renaming a one of those folders?

Nibbler

Then you need to rename userpics to the new name, preferably without using spaces.

cessam

i have actually changed it back to userpics on both the config and then within the cpg132 so that they both read userpics
and left the name of the category to be member galleries and i have uploaded a picture and it worked fine.

I was thinking about your suggestion however i would have to change the path of every picture i uploaded.

It seems as though i am good to go.

I want to thank you are your great team. Keep up the great work. You guys are awesome THANKS!!!!!! ;D

cessam

Just to let you guys know that i have told 5 other people about you guys and what great support you guys offer.

Thanks once again