Batch add - no listing and no errors displayed !?! Batch add - no listing and no errors displayed !?!

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Batch add - no listing and no errors displayed !?!

Started by Serapis, August 17, 2005, 07:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serapis

Hello peeps.

I am using coppermine for quite a while on several domains, subdomains.
My girlfriend is on a journey and wants to post some pics, but now its broken. :/

Well she uploads them to FTP-space and I move the pics to /albums/<the_new_directory_with_chmod777>
After that I chmod all files in there to 666.
The first time it did work, but now I can't see any new directories / files, wjen I push the batch add button.
It is all the same like in the thread:

Batch add - no listing with no errors displayed
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=18766.0

I did the steps and now I am able to see and browse the 'userpics', its subfolders and the 'edit' folder.

The permissions are correct, I even tried 777 for the images, but nothing worked.
Any hints / ideas, why the 'albums' directory is invisible? It is in the same path as the edit and userpics folders are.

If somebody liked to have a look at the debug info:
URL: http://san.chaoism.de/gallery2
UN: test
PW: test

The language can be changed at the bottom of the page!

debug info and permissions set as described in thread:
http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/uploads/troubleshooting.php

Here some system specs, that may be helpful:

Operating system     Linux
Kernel version              2.4.29-ow1
Machine Type            i686
Apache version            1.3.33 (Unix)
PERL version              5.8.0
Path to PERL             /usr/bin/perl
Path to sendmail    /usr/sbin/sendmail
PHP version              4.3.10
MySQL version            4.0.24-standard
ZendOptimizer:          2.5.1.0

Thanks in advance,
Serapis

*edit: tweaked URLs
*edit2: added additional info
*edit3: moved broken gallery to a different url, restored old database(so I can work again) and changed the URL to the damaged gallery within this topic
*edit4: In the meantime I applied the EXIF-exploit patch
Nostradamus is nothing compared to George Orwell ...

Joachim Müller

Send me a PM that contains:
  • a link to this thread
  • an admin user name and password

Serapis

Hi GauGau,

PM sent with all info requested.
Thanks for the time U take for trouble shooting this  :)

Serapis

Joachim Müller

Quote from: Serapis
Hello GauGau,

thanks for the time you take to solve my problem. You requested a PM with a link to the topic and an admin account.

I really appreciate your help, but don't spend too much time on it, since I got a backup to work (with a different database).
Maybe it is just a MySQL bug and nothing copermine related.  ::)
[...]
Serapis,

this is indeed strange: I had a look at the server vars that often cause batch-add and other stuff related to browsing directories go wrong, but all those vars seem to be pretty standard. I don't think that this can by a database issue, as there is no lookup in the database in the first step of the batch-add screen that limits the folder content to show. I wasn't able to spot a place where this is obviously wrong using the web interface, so my suggestion is to contact your webhost for support - it might be an ownership issue. Tell your webhost to CHOWN the albums folder for you, making it owned by the user the script runs under.

Joachim

Serapis

Quote from: GauGau on August 21, 2005, 08:17:18 AM
Tell your webhost to CHOWN the albums folder for you, making it owned by the user the script runs under.

Joachim

Thanks for the help so far. I doubt it is an ownership problem, since I run several coppermine galleries (thx for the nice gallery) on the same server / webost.
But I gonna ask the hoster to do so.
Furthermore, I try to link the faulty gallery's database to the 'backup' gallery I got to work (faulty one: http://www.san.chaoism.de/gallery2 , working [backup] one: http://www.san.chaoism.de/gallery ).

Thx again - I gonna keep ya updated

Serapis

Serapis

Ok, I linked the different databases against each other and the the result is all the same: both databasaes are working as intended.
And despite which databas I use - the 'faulty' gallery remains faulty :(

Now I gotto wait for the hosters reply.

Serapis

Serapis

- SOLVED -

Stupid me...
Well after trying a lot of things, I finally renamed my albums folder, created a new albums folder, moved all the content from the 'old' albums folder to the new folder, double checked all permissions and here we go: It works again.

Thanks GauGau for dipping my nose into the folder-ownership-possibility cheese-dip  ;D.

I still do not know why this happened - there was no server crash, not any maintenance.
Well, at least it works again and I found an easier way than to reistall and backup / restore the database :D
I hope that the one or other this post helpful.

Yours,
Serapis

- SOLVED -

Joachim Müller

thanks for returning and posting your solution. I'm glad this has been sorted out.