Script suddenly stopped working Script suddenly stopped working

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Script suddenly stopped working

Started by cassie396, August 18, 2005, 08:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cassie396

I have had Coppermine installed for about a month, and I have added over 48,000 files to it, the last files being last Friday (August 12). Well, I come in on Monday to add some new files through the batch add process, and it doesn't work. The directories are listed, but when I click on the folder with new files, it loads the page but the thumbnails DON'T load. They come up as broken images. I tried to add them anyway, and it doesn't work. I tried making the thumbnails myself, but that didn't work either.

I've been pestering my host, believing it was on their end (I have problems with them quite a bit) and now they are saying the script malfunctions. (The rest of the gallery is still visible, however, and I have a week-old backup of the database, too.)

This is what they said:
QuoteIt appears that your script is working incorrectly.

For example, older thumbmails have a path to a file in, e.g.
http://www.guidinglightmultimedia.com/gallery/albums/9001%202005%20Screenshots%202/18%

whereas the new files have the following path to the image files...
http://www.guidinglightmultimedia.com/gallery/showthumb.php?picfile=9001+2005+Screenshots+2%

In addition, clicking the links, e.g. 2005-0815-001.jpg, does not work
correctly.
Are you sure that the path names are correct?

Could it be that the %20 is now being replaced by + signs? I honest to god didn't touch this script between when it was working and now. I looked in my FTP and all the files are still dated 3/8/05....

If you want to take a look: http://www.guidinglightmultimedia.com/gallery
Its on a Windows server.

A little background, I don't know if this is important...
Back in July, my host lost my database, and so I had to start over from scratch. However, I didn't download the new software, I used the same version from March that I started with. I had to re-install it on the new database, but everything was fine. I didn't know if you would need this information?

Thank you for your help,
Cassie

Joachim Müller

Try the method suggested in http://coppermine-gallery.net/tutorial/uploads/troubleshooting.php to see what goes wrong during upload. Spaces in folder names might be a reason; I guess your webhost has changed something on the server.

cassie396

This was my initial thought, too. I tried removing the spaces in my folder names, but that still didn't work. I will try again, and I am going to read the troubleshooting. I will post again...

cassie396

I tried removing the spaces from the directories and it still wouldn't work. I turned on the debug (message below) but I don't know what it means. I am using BATCH ADD, so does that make a difference? None of my files have spaces in them. Is there a way to see what the host is now set to so I know what they changed or limitations there are? The host says nothing changed, although last Sunday the site was down a lot and I couldn't connect to the database. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cassie

Joachim Müller

do exactly as suggested in the tutorial: maybe all download are broken no matter which method you use. The method described in the tutorial will give you the best error messages (if any), that's why you're suppossed to go there. Don't post the debug_output unless a supporter asks you to do so. We need error messages.

cassie396

QuotePHP running on your server does not support the GD image library, check with your webhost if ImageMagick is installed

File: E:\home\Default\guidinglightmultimedia.com\htdocs\gallery\include\picmgmt.inc.php - Line: 184

So apparently my host uninstalled this feature? I tried all three options from the config panel and none of them worked.

Is there anyway to use Coppermine without these? Could I manually thumbnail them?

P.S. I didn't understand the tutorial before... it wasn't very clear to me what to do. I changed the settings, but it took me awhile to figure out what you meant by following the steps, because I thought I had! Just thought you would like to know.

Joachim Müller

contact your webhost on the GD issue, but first make sure that there definitely is no GD support on your server: do as described in http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/faq.php#VersionGD
To run coppermine you dfinitely need GD or ImageMagick, you can't use it without at least one of them.

cassie396

I contacted my host, but it always takes them at least 24 hours to get back to me. I ran the info script and there wasn't a GD section, which really, REALLY worries me. I'm so scared that they took that away and that I'm going to have to find some other way to do my gallery. I really wish there were some way I could still use Coppermine without it.  :\'(

Serapis

Quote from: GauGau on August 19, 2005, 10:01:23 AM
To run coppermine you dfinitely need GD or ImageMagick, you can't use it without at least one of them.

Sorry dude, but there is no way. Its the same as if you tried to drive a car without wheels - it won't take you anywhere :/
If your hoster has removed it or even worse - he had a crash and wasn't able to restore the server properly, then change Ur hoster - he doesn't seem to be competant / a professional hoster.

Well and if phpinfo isn't mentioning anything about GD, then it is most likely not instllalled / found (anymore).
The section should look like the attached picture.

Just my 2 cents,
Serapis
Nostradamus is nothing compared to George Orwell ...