Won't upload many files at once... Won't upload many files at once...

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Won't upload many files at once...

Started by Larsanna, August 30, 2005, 02:20:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larsanna

Hi

I have a looked all over for an answer to my problem, unsuccessfully.

When I try to batch-add a large amount of files (+1.100) at once, CPG simply dosn't respond. It's almost like it crashes and my browser reports "Page unavailable". I can easily add 100 files at once, so it's not a matter of server rights.

If you have any ideas why this is, please let me know.

Mr-Q

Joachim Müller

if your server crashes when adding so many pics at once, then don't add so many pics at once ;D.
Batch-adding pics means a huge strain for the webserver, as resizing is a resource-intensive process that will bring down every server (depending on load it has to bear). If you want a fix, buy a better server ;) - if this is too expensive, then only add 100 pics in one go as suggested above.

Larsanna

I've recieved an email from my hosting company, in which they say that if you initiate any server activity that exceeds a certain level, that activity is automatically shut down - in order to preserve CPU ressources for other hosted servers. Fair enough I think.

The solution would be to buy a dedicated server, but that'll cost me some 21 times more, so I guess I will have to accept these limitations.

In regards to my present server, I really shouldn't complain, as my ping never goes above 25ms and my transfer rate is out of this world (had it tested on a FIOS connection, reaching approx. 1.3 Mbyte/sec).

Thanks anyways.

Mr-Q