Mandatory Selection of Album Mandatory Selection of Album

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Mandatory Selection of Album

Started by bobber, September 13, 2005, 06:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobber

Hello all,

I have searched but cannot find the answer to my question, so I thought I would post it here.  I hope this is the correct place.

When a user uploads a photo, they are asked to choose an Album to upload to.  Now the system defaults to one of the exiting Albums, I'm assuming by alphabetical order.  It seems that some people don't see this and just upload without changing to the correct Album according to the picture they have uploaded.  Is there a way to leave this Album selection blank, or say something like....Please choose an Album before the system will let you upload the picture.  If they don't choose an Album, it will give you an error stating that you have not chosen where to place your picture....therefore forcing the user to choose the album they want the picture to show up in. 

Right now, I have created a Default Upload Album, however this adds to the administration cause I have to move these pictures when people don't choose an existing Album, or sometimes they upload the pic twice when they realize they uploaded to the wrong place. 

Also, is it possible for users to control their own pictures?  IE. delete them, move them, edit them, etc.  I authenticate using phpBB so that users only have one userid and password or both our message board and the Coppermine Gallery.  Not sure if this is possible doing it this way.

Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks,

Joachim Müller

This is being taken care of (at least to a certain extent) in the next version of coppermine (cpg1.4.x).