Can't upload anymore Can't upload anymore

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Can't upload anymore

Started by FrankD, September 22, 2005, 09:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankD

Hi,
I have 3 versions of Coppermine running from the same side.
Everything works fine untill yesterday, one of the version doesn't let me upload pictures anymore.
It does batch add but I want to upload myself offcourse.

This error is given.
Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/models/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/models/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/.): Permission denied in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/models/upload.php on line 453

Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/models/upload.php on line 432

Warning: filemtime(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/.. (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/models/upload.php on line 440

Warning: unlink(./albums/edit/..): Permission denied in /home/.sites/143/site2/web/models/upload.php on line 453

quota is good, the other albums work fine.

Any idea ?

Nibbler

Please please please search the board before you post.

FrankD

I did but I did not find this error.
I did found other ones however :D.

Remember I have other versions running from the same server and they work flawlessly as did this one before yesterday.

I'm a noob on coppermine so anyhelp is appreciated.

Nibbler

Ok, for the 10 millionth time: CHMOD albums/edit to 777/755 and update your gallery.

Joachim Müller

Searching for "Warning: is_dir(): Stat failed for ./albums/edit/. (errno=13 - Permission denied)" didn't show a single result? That's strange, I get 4 pages full of results, all of them saying the same thing that Nibbler told you ::).

FrankD

Oh my what a friendly forum :D

Sorry for my noobisme.

There was a config error with my ISP on the database not with Cmod's (I allready tried that offcourse).
So the problem is solved.

I understand that people get frustated with noob's posting something, but sometimes honey catches more bees than you know what :D

Thanks anyway.

Joachim Müller

Although I'm pretty sure that the error message you posted is not related to database issues, I'm glad you were able to fix it, no matter how.

Regarding your sarcastic little remark about friendliness, I suggest you start participating here or on any other support board not only as a taker, but a giver. You'll soon find out that there are a very small number of questions that are being asked repeatedly over and over again. The people who ask it all apologize for being "newbies" (which is an unnecessary thing, as nobody expects an expert to look for help on trivial error messages), yet still they don't search, read FAQs, manuals or whatever easy trouble-shooting mechanisms the project community offers. After a while, supporters get more and more reluctant to answer the same lame question over and over again, so the answers get shorter and harsher. This is only human - many good supporters have already been driven away by the selfish behaviour of a minority of users who think that they had a right to get individual premium support. This attitude is pretty lame if you ask me: you get a free product and free support - all that we ask you to do is at least trying to solve your issues on your own before asking them.

1) Try to solve the problem on your own (by reading the docs and searching the board). The developers have spent countless hours to create the product, you could at least spend some minutes to try the answer for yourself.
2) Ask your question if it is new - if it has been addressed, try to learn from the answers that already exist.
3) Reply to your thread, saying that it has been solved and what you did if applicable to solve it.
4) Saying "thanks" to supporters is the only reward they get, and it won't hurt to just do that from time to time ::)

Joachim

FrankD

Don't see as as sarcastic my friend, I'm moderator on a few very large forums also and I know the problems, I however alway's try the soft approach.
I was rather panicly when this happens and was stunned because my other coppermines were running flawless and I had to deliver before today 12:00 clock so time was ticking and I had a session planned, in other words I had arround 1 hour to solve the whole problem, so no real time to dig into the problem.

Again very sorry, and if I knew something about Coppermine I would give alot on your forum the same as I do on countless others.

No hard feelings, I know your situation all to well :D.

Joachim Müller

There actually are several ways to help us, not only by giving support, see We need your help