Will a maximum input time of "-1" prevent you from uploading large images? Will a maximum input time of "-1" prevent you from uploading large images?

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Will a maximum input time of "-1" prevent you from uploading large images?

Started by zucra, September 22, 2005, 11:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zucra

I was wondering about this since I have had trouble with adding large files to gallery at one of my sites (but the same image went through the process sucessfully at another of my galleries hosted else where) The maximum input time at the unsucessfull gallery was the only size and time value that was smaller than at the sucessfull gallery.  The example image was 1227 x 1500 pixels (but i might need to upload larger files too).

Description of the problem:
The original image uploaded sucessfully but once i clicked "continue" i was taken to a blank white page with nothing on it at all (refreshing did not help).
I checked the edit folder withing the albums folder and sure enough the image was uploaded there but the gallery had not got any further than that. Ie It did not create thumbnails or intemediate pictures.

These are the Size and Time Values at my gallery  (with the problem)

Directive | Local Value | Master Value
max_execution_time | 90 | 90
max_input_time | -1 | -1
upload_max_filesize | 10M | 10M
post_max_size | 10M | 10M

and the memory limit is 8 MB  and I used GD version 2.0.28  (image magick is not available to me)

If the maximum input time is the problem i assume i should ask my webhost if they might be able to increase it 60 (the default you mentioned) or a higher figure than that? ....or is "-1" actually a good input time?

If you do not think this is the problem i can give you a tempory user account.

Thankyou so much if you can help.

Joachim Müller

nothing we could do, you'll have to discuss this with your webhost, as it relates to server setup. I guess that the memory limit is the main culprit, not the max_input_time.

zucra

Ok thankyou for your help  :) At least now i have an oppinion as to which limit is causing the problem :) I will try asking my host if they will increase the memory limit (although i did read one of your posts saying that they may not increase limits as it is not in their interests for profits so I am not overly hopefull  :P)