error messages. error messages.

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

error messages.

Started by realitysgirl, September 22, 2005, 10:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realitysgirl

I am new to all this and no idea why these are coming up.
Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/taranask/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 162

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/taranask/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 224

Warning: getimagesize(./albums/edit/preview_3f031e0d.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/taranask/public_html/gallery/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 226

I checked the place stated and the file 'picmgmt.inc.php' is there. The error comes up while trying to upload a file.

realitysgirl

I questioned my host also

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told paid users could have galleries so i paid and i get this error.
PHP running on your server does not support the GD image library, check with your webhost if ImageMagick is installed. I need to know very soon thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are allowed have image galleries.

However, the GD module is not available on the mini package.
You just need to upload the jpeg files to a folder, or use a php script that does not require GD.

So what do i do is it possible to still get it working?

kegobeer

To use Coppermine you need GD or ImageMagick.  You can use Coppermine if you create all the thumbnails and intermediate images yourself, and then upload them via FTP and batch add them to your gallery.  For example:

original.jpg
thumb_original.jpg
normal_original.jpg

Upload them to a folder in /albums (not edit or userpics) and then do a batch add.

That's a whole lot of work.  Sounds like you found a cheap webhost.  You are the first person to report a host that, after paying, makes you pay even more to have GD;  most hosts include it with the basic webhosting package.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

realitysgirl

It is hostultra.com, i'm really annoyed now i havn't got time and i needed it up for tomorrow. Stupid host heh.

realitysgirl

anywhere that has quite a bit of space and offers image magick free?  i know the answer but can't help to try! :D

Joachim Müller

use GD instead of ImageMagick, as it comes bundled with regular php packages. There's a thread on free webhosting that meets coppermine minimum requirements: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=5721.0
Imo, you get what you pay for though: free webhosting has limitations - you usually have to suffer from ad banners, bad performance or bad support.

realitysgirl

I tried Gd aswell and still got errors, i am trying http://www.x10hosting.com, and may cancel hostultra.com, never used http://www.x10hosting.com so i don't know if it is an good.

Joachim Müller

I won't discuss free webhosting on this thread with you - like I said, free webhosting sucks imo. Why should anybody actually pay for webhosting if you could get the same quailty level for free? Try finding a webhost (free or paid) that fits your needs and has the minimum requirements for coppermine and offers proper GD support (see the FAQ). If you think that you have found a good webhost and you're convinced that it has all minimum requirements (do the tests suggested in the FAQ), but you're still stuck installing coppermine, then return here and post actual links and error messages, not some generic blah like
Quote from: realitysgirl on September 24, 2005, 06:22:51 PM
I tried Gd aswell and still got errors
We (the supporters on this board) will definitely not go through registration on all those webhosts and try to figure out what is wrong there. We're not mind-readers.