Users can't post pictures Users can't post pictures

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Users can't post pictures

Started by azism, October 11, 2005, 12:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azism

When as my psuedo-user, I try to upload a photo from the path w:/mypics/mypic.jpg. I get the following error:
QuoteOnly files with the following extensions are accepted :

jpg/jpeg/jpe/gif/png/bmp/jpc/jp2/jpx/jb2/swc/iff/asf/asx/mpg/mpeg/wmv/swf/avi/mov/mp3/midi/mid/wma/wav/ogg/psd/ram/ra/rm/tiff/tif/doc/txt/rtf/pdf/xls/pps/ppt/zip/rar/gz/mdb.

The album folder, including all the folders under Albums are all set to a 777 permissions state. I can upload files as the administrator with no problem, but not as a average registered user. The photo is also within the permitted size limits. I'm sure I've missed something here, but I guess I can't see the forest because of all those darn trees.  :-[

I've reviewed the FAQ's, but with no luck. So, here I am, looking for an assist.

azism

Boy, talk about embarrassed, I really am now.   :-[

Due the the letters and size of the font in the filename, I totally missed the fact the period was missing in the file name. Instead of being mypic.jpg, it was mypicjpg. With my luck, I had to pick this one to try as as an upload right off the bat as an average user.  :(

Sorry to have troubled you over this self inflicted mistake.

azism

One quick question here. As I am not a graphics person, I am not real up-to-date on what extension is what. But, just wondering why GIF files aren't uploadable.

Nibbler

They are, search the board for discussions about gif support.