Users can't post pictures Users can't post pictures

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Users can't post pictures

Started by azism, October 11, 2005, 12:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azism

When as my psuedo-user, I try to upload a photo from the path w:/mypics/mypic.jpg. I get the following error:
QuoteOnly files with the following extensions are accepted :

jpg/jpeg/jpe/gif/png/bmp/jpc/jp2/jpx/jb2/swc/iff/asf/asx/mpg/mpeg/wmv/swf/avi/mov/mp3/midi/mid/wma/wav/ogg/psd/ram/ra/rm/tiff/tif/doc/txt/rtf/pdf/xls/pps/ppt/zip/rar/gz/mdb.

The album folder, including all the folders under Albums are all set to a 777 permissions state. I can upload files as the administrator with no problem, but not as a average registered user. The photo is also within the permitted size limits. I'm sure I've missed something here, but I guess I can't see the forest because of all those darn trees.  :-[

I've reviewed the FAQ's, but with no luck. So, here I am, looking for an assist.

azism

Boy, talk about embarrassed, I really am now.   :-[

Due the the letters and size of the font in the filename, I totally missed the fact the period was missing in the file name. Instead of being mypic.jpg, it was mypicjpg. With my luck, I had to pick this one to try as as an upload right off the bat as an average user.  :(

Sorry to have troubled you over this self inflicted mistake.

azism

One quick question here. As I am not a graphics person, I am not real up-to-date on what extension is what. But, just wondering why GIF files aren't uploadable.

Nibbler

They are, search the board for discussions about gif support.