Changing Picture Order Changing Picture Order

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Changing Picture Order

Started by PsychoGTI, November 16, 2005, 01:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PsychoGTI

Is there any way of changing the order of pictures in an album without deleting all the pictures, re-naming them in the order I want them shown, then having to re-add them and re-comment them? Can I show them by date instead of by name order?

Any help on this would be great... I have over 400 pictures to re-order. They were taken by 2 different camera's, so the naming is different and eveything if out of order.

Thanks!

Nibbler

Either wait for 1.4 which has this as a new feature, or use the mod written to do this in the mods board.

PsychoGTI

Thanks for the help Nibbler! Any idea what the release date is for 1.4? How stable is the dev version at the moment? Also, is there a mod for custom ordering, not just sorting by date?

Thanks again!

artistsinhawaii

Quote from: PsychoGTI on November 17, 2005, 05:11:43 AM
Thanks for the help Nibbler! Any idea what the release date is for 1.4? How stable is the dev version at the moment? Also, is there a mod for custom ordering, not just sorting by date?

Thanks again!

No one can say when it will be released as a stable version.  The latest cvs files for the dev version (these are file updates from the currently available download) have been updated with much less frequency as of late, which is good news, so the latest dev version with all cvs updates is pretty stable. BUT it still comes with no support.)

The dev version will sort by name, date of upload, title, and position in an album.

Insofar as the mods for sorting for cpg1.3x, you really should search the mods boards.  There might be more than one option. It's difficult for anyone to keep track of what each mod or hack is capable of doing.

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.