Won't upload .gif pics Won't upload .gif pics

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

Won't upload .gif pics

Started by DangerousTacos, December 12, 2005, 01:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DangerousTacos

My gallery has problems uploading .gif files/pics, any ideas?

When I try to upload, it says "Not a GD extension".

thanks!

http://www.dangeroustacos.com/photos/index.php

kegobeer

Either upgrade to 1.4.2 or apply my GIF mod.  Search the mods/hacks board.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

DangerousTacos

Do I download the file from here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89658&package_id=98538?

If so, will that over write all the pictures that are saved to my gallery, and the users?

kegobeer

If you wish to upgrade, download 1.4.2 from that link.  Read the documentation before actually doing the upgrade.  Back up your database.  You will not lose any data when upgrading.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

DangerousTacos

I'm a n00b... How do I back up the database, and where is the documentation?

Joachim Müller

There are 2 ways to access the documentation:
    • it comes with your coppermine package, inside the docs folder
    • There's a link at the top of this page that should send you to the documentation as well - that's why we labelled the link "documentation" as well (surprisingly enough)
    To back up your database, you'll need a third party script like
phpMyAdmin or mySqlDumper - maybe your webhost is providing you a copy of those apps or a similar one. If they don't, go for mySqlDumper, or ask them for support.[/list]