XP Publishing WIzard vs. Upload File XP Publishing WIzard vs. Upload File

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Main Menu

XP Publishing WIzard vs. Upload File

Started by ruusnak, February 08, 2006, 07:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruusnak

I just installed 1.4.3, and I'm impressed! However, there are a few things tha are giving me trouble, and image upload is the most troublesome.
I need to give an upload acceess to a number of people, and using just one username is just fine.
Upload needs to be easy, so XP Publishing Wizard is the obvious choice,
However, if I want the users to be able to upload into my predefined galleries, the XP Wizard just replies
"Welcome testuser, sorry but there's no album where you're able to upload ..."
If I use the Coppermine web GUI's "Upload file" facility, the files can be placed into the right categories and albums.
Is this a known restriction or a bug?
I know I can circumvent the problem by allowing the users to create their own albums, but that'll end up as a mess...
Any hints?

Nibbler

The xp publisher only allows users to upload into their user galleries, this is by design.

natrlhy

I realize this is an older thread, however I had a question regarding the original post.

Is there a way to allow the XP Web Publishing Wizard to upload to albums have the box selected "Visitors can upload files" has been set to "Yes"?

I understand that the XP Publishing Wizard is limited by design, but does anyone know of a mod or something to allow users to use the XP Publishing Wizard to upload to these albums that are set to "Yes" for visitors?

Example:

For a new user with no albums, when using the wizard I must create a new album in my new user gallery. No albums are visible through the Wizard.

When I use the Upload File or URI/URL method, I get the selection of the albums I have allowed users to upload to by selecting the "Visitors can upload files" has been set to "Yes" option.

Hope this makes sense. I haven't found something after searching around a while.

TIA

Joachim Müller

Quote from: Nibbler on February 08, 2006, 07:57:34 PM
The xp publisher only allows users to upload into their user galleries, this is by design.
In other words: no

natrlhy

I'm trying out a great plugin here for anyone that feels the same way I do about the XP Publishing Wizard; not enough flexibility:

JUpload:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=43432.0