Thumbnails, after uploading, show only as blue or gray-tinted images Thumbnails, after uploading, show only as blue or gray-tinted images

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Main Menu

Thumbnails, after uploading, show only as blue or gray-tinted images

Started by ernst34, May 23, 2006, 08:58:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ernst34

I use CPG 1.4.4
My gallery is at http://www.ecolyma.cl/galeria

When I batch-upload image files, everything goes fine, and then later batch_add to an
album, I get the files OK with their checkmark to choose, but some of the thumbnails at the
right side of that window do not show in their original colors, but blueish or grayish tinted.

When I include those files in an album, the small thumbnails show also blueish or grayish,
and so do the intermediate thumbnails.

Clicking on the intermediate thumbnails, the image in full shows up nicely, with all its colors.

I even get more confused, because some of the files do not show that behavior, and I get
small, and intermediate thumbnails with their color intact and the full image is also OK. File
sizes go from 38 kb to 3.500 about, and I get the problem independently of the sizes of the
images.

The album where I posted one image now, is called, temporarily, "Test", and can be found,
with one example, as the last album on page 2 of the Gallery, at the above mentioned URL.

I will certainly appreciate some help, especially why is it that some files are OK (_thumb, _normal and full image) with the
original colors, and others have only the full image OK, and the thumbnails with blue or gray tints.

How can I solve the problem?

Saludos y muchas gracias.
Ernst

ernst34

Thanks for your reading my post and answering.

Yes, GD version 1.x shows in the window ref. Methods for re-scaling.
Saludos
Ernst

Joachim Müller

That's expected behaviour then. GD1 only comes with support for 256-colors pallette. Read http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/faq.htm#VersionGD t find out if you can use GD2 and change coppermine's settings to GD2 if you have it.

ernst34

To Gau Gau and Nibbler:

I read the instructions you indicated, and found that I have:
GD Version  bundled (2.0.28 compatible) 

What I did now was to change GD 1.x in the config section (re-scaling of images) to GD 2.x
and did again upload and install the same file. I can see the small thumbnail, the intermediate thumbnail, and the full image with their original colors. Everything OK.

Your help was great and solved the problem. I appreciate of both of you, your time, and patience, to help me out of my problem.

I will start now to upload and install all the files of that group in a new album, and I am certain everything will work fine.

Thanks again.
Saludos
Ernst
http://www.ecolyma.cl/galeria

Joachim Müller

you don't have to re-upload all files. Instead, use the admin tools to re-create thumbnails and intermediate images.

ernst34

Thanks, Gau Gau. For the test I just had uploaded a few. So there was no great problem.
Now everything is going fine and smooth, and I have uploaded the rest of the files for that album.
Images in different size show up correctly in their original colors.
Saludos
Ernst

galerietje